School of Physical Education
“The Physical Education Program develops leaders in physical education, coaching, recreation and sports management. We are committed to preparing students to meet the complex challenges of our regional and global communities.”
“The Physical Education Program has a vision of a physically educated world where lifelong learning and physical activity are practiced by all. Our students are prepared to make lasting contributions to our profession, communities, and society.”
Physical Education Program Goals
A student with a Physical Education major:
1) Values and participates in physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
2) Gains the knowledge and skills needed to manage physical, financial, and human resources .
3) Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities
4) Promotes and embraces diversity in teaching, coaching, and managing sport/recreational activities.
5) Is a lifelong learner who stays current on research and technology, develops critical thinking skills, and practices ethical behavior in the profession.
6) Collaborates with stakeholders to build strong partnerships within the profession, community and society.
- Physical Education will develop the WHOLE child in EVERY child.
- The physical educators will serve as role models, and demonstrate knowledge of health, physical education and wellness.
- The physical education classes will provide a variety of activities which will motivate the students and increase participation.
- The physical education program will allow the students to participate in developmentally appropriate activities.
- The physical education program will develop and reinforce cooperative behavior.
- The physical education program will teach the students to establish lifelong fitness goals.
SPORTS CO-ORDINATOR: Dr.M.Vijay Amirthraj , Director of Physical Education
Tokyo is the capital of Japan.